Amniotic membrane has been considered an adjunctive treatment for ocular surface conditions since the 1990s... advances in amniotic membrane preservation, storage and application methodologies now provide the capacity to transplant the tissue without the need for surgery. With potent anti-inflammatory and epithelial healing properties should it now be considered as a treatment by optometrists for chronic conditions such as dry eye disease...
- Preventive measures control myopia during pandemicSeptember 20, 2021
- Glasses-only wearers await ECPs’ advice before trying CLsSeptember 20, 2021
- Spike in student eyestrain during pandemicSeptember 20, 2021
more... editor's choice
- Striving for equity in eye heathSeptember 20, 2021
- An eye on autismSeptember 17, 2021
- Developing a more effective eye drop for DED and other inflammatory ocular conditionsSeptember 17, 2021
He aha te mea nui o te ao? He tangata he tangata he tangata. What is the most important thing in this world? It is people, it is people, it is people.
The job of the optics industry is to support those with visual impairment and prevent others from developing it, but for patients who are neurodiverse,...
The first and second editions of this textbook were written by Professor David Pickwell, who specialised in binocular vision and ocular anatomy and physiology...