In ophthalmology, ‘neuroprotection’ usually refers to methods of preventing progressive glaucomatous visual field loss that are not intraocular pressure (IOP) reduction treatments. Nicotinamide is a form of vitamin B3, which is transformed into nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD) within mitochondria. NAD is a major chemical in all the vital processes of cellular metabolism and is also critical for DNA repair through the Sirtuin pathway.
- Evaluating blindness risk with LHONJanuary 25, 2022
- The gift of sight World Sight Day 2021 winning photosJanuary 25, 2022
- TearCare for MGD bags FDA approvalJanuary 24, 2022
- On a road to eyewearJanuary 24, 2022
- Atropine enhances amblyopia patchingJanuary 22, 2022
- Covid-19 Protection Framework and Mandatory Vaccinations Order - Key messagesJanuary 21, 2022
more... editor's choice
Melbourne paediatric orthoptist Maddy Scavone had a dream – not figuratively, an actual dream – which woke her up and prompted her to start sketching....
Frustrated by Facebook’s decision to stop her promoting her business-to-business-focused Facebook sites after she declined to share confidential proof-of-identity...